10.25.2012

Ten!






I am so thankful for this kid!  Happy 10th Birthday to my Samuel.  This day always tends to be a tad bittersweet for me.  I didn't give birth to him and his first three birthdays were without us.  I would give ANYTHING to erase that part of his story.  To have known him at birth, to have rocked him and nurtured him as a baby.  To erase the hard dark places he lived through those three years.  And yet, God in His grace and mercy has allowed Jeff and I to be a part of the last 7 birthdays.  What a blessing to have Samuel in our family and be our son.  We love him so much and had such fun celebrating him today in the midst of school, homework, and daily life!  He's a special boy and we are glad he is ours to celebrate! 

 

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

such a handsome little fellow!

Kitty Brown said...

Happy happy birthday to Samuel!!!

Sandra White said...

Love this post. Samuel is so blessed to have you and Jeff as parents, a perfect match!