10.01.2012

Why Hello October

Despite the warm temperatures, I suppose fall has arrived!  It's October 1.  Yay!  I do love this season and look forward to the temperatures in Alabama cooling down in the next few weeks (please Lord)!

I love having touches of fall around the house.  There is no other time of the year I am allowed to have orange in our home:).  HA!  Yes, my husband is that big of an Alabama fan.

One of my most favorite things about our house is the front porch and I was so excited to be able to decorate it with lots of pumpkins and some mums!  Side note...last year my friend and I used to walk through this neighborhood and dream of living here.  Well, both of us now do! 
 God is soooooo good to me:). 




 An easy fall wreath with burplap ribbon (of course), felt flowers, 
and little embellishments from Hobby Lobby




I filled my grandmother's antique bread bowl with lots of ceramic pumpkins and some twine & moss balls
{a lot of those are from the dollar tree of all places:)}



This little guy was in the dollar section at Target



My mom got the kids some gourds at our farmers market a few weekends ago when she was here.  Last week I let them paint the gourds with some metallic glaze I had on hand.  They LOVED this project and are so proud of their decorations:).  



 And nothing says fall like a mason jar full of candy corn!



Happy Fall Y'all!

2 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

It all looks great, Rachel. Puts me in the fall spirit, too!

Life Happens said...

Love your front porch. Very welcoming. Fall is my favorite time of year!