3.08.2012

Rock Stars

I think the flu has left our house.  Good riddance.  Jeff and I still feel tired and weak but are mostly recovered.  The girls are all good and so far Samuel and Anna Mitchell have not gotten it.  So thankful.

When we found out Jeff and Ellie Kate had the flu last Friday (EK had had it all week but we just thought she had a fever from her shots that she had that Monday), I decided to leave with the well kiddos and drive to Atlanta to stay with my parents.  I did this mainly to try to keep Anna Mitchell from the germs.  My parents even met me halfway in their car so my mom could help the last 2 hours if I needed to stop and feed the baby. .  Well, by Friday night it was clear that Abigail and I both were coming down with it as well.  Thankfully, my parents have a finished basement (with a full kitchen and bedrooms) so we quarantined the baby down there and my mom took care of her.  My brother and his wife even took an entire day and night of their weekend to come take care of her (middle of the night feedings and all) too.  My dad helped me with Abigail. 

I can't even begin to express how AMAZING my family is.  I am soooooo blessed.  They are truly rock stars.  A week before we went over there, my dad had major shoulder surgery.  Like really major.  He was still in a sling and not supposed to be doing much when we went.  My mom had just had a chemical peel on her face (which is like a serious burn) to help get rid of skin cancer cells.  Neither one of them had gotten a flu shot this year either.  And yet they rose to the occasion to help us!  The Lord has given them such selfless, servants hearts and the older I get the more grateful I am for the way they love me and express God's love to me. 

Back on the home front, Jeff and EK were miserable together but so many of our amazing friends dropped off meals and food and gatorade at our front door for them.  Some of our youth at church even went and picked up the medicine Jeff and EK needed at CVS for them. What an incredible blessing all of that was!

We couldn't come home yet by Sunday, so my dad drove Samuel halfway and met Jeff's dad who took dropped off Samuel back home so he could go to school Monday.  Jeff is a rock star too, by the way!  Even though he wasn't feeling too hot, he took care of our two oldest and even went to an important meeting at Samuel's school on Monday.  God has given  me an amazing husband:)!

Needless to say, we had a ton of help to get us through the flu.  It just makes me realize anew that we weren't made to go through life alone.  Whether it's family or friends, God created us for community in the good times and bad.  We have seen that play out so many times in our life and this small trial was no different.  The community God has given us is amazing and we really are just amazed at how well taken care of we were the last 7 days. 

And because too many of my posts lately have been without pictures, here are a few straight out of the camera...


pre flu...this girl loves her baby sister:)




isn't she delicious??





good morning:)
 




love this boy
he started his ADHD meds today....so hoping it goes well! 
{and yes, he needs a haricut}


1 comment:

Amber said...

So so thankful that you all are better and so far Samuel and Anna Mitchell have stayed well. What a blessing! I am like you and completely feel out of the loop since I have barely been out and about and Daniel is almost 4 months old! I would love to get all our littles together to play. And if you are ever up for a girls night dinner....then I am all in for that as well :) I miss Tuesday morning bible study and fellowship but it just doesn't fit with a new baby right now! Hope to see you soon!