Ellie Kate is so fun right now. She is really beginning to role play a lot as she plays with her toys, dolls, etc. She loves to sing and read as well. She is a great "mama"to her animals and dolls...
she lines them up for dinner
and reads this book to Mama Bear (this is what EK has named the bear)
After 6 months of "potty training" Ellie Kate is finally fully trained. Yes, it really took that long. I told you, she is one strong willed little girl and all our summer travels really set her back. She now goes all by herself and does the whole shebang (potty, wipe, wash hands) all by herself.
Her bedtime routine is finally better too. I think that was about 8 months of screaming and crying every. single. night. I'm really not exaggerating. But now, she has finally given up fighting it. We do have to have a very specific routine and have several lights on (because of "monsters") but for the most part, she goes down well and then sings loudly to her animals and dolls before falling asleep.
I wish I could remember some of the cute stuff she says, but I don't write it down soon enough and then I totally forget. I need to get better about that. I just love her to pieces even though there are many battles each day to break down that will and lead/train her to obedience and a happy heart. Ellie Kate is definitely a challenge but I am so thankful for my crazy girl!
Her bedtime routine is finally better too. I think that was about 8 months of screaming and crying every. single. night. I'm really not exaggerating. But now, she has finally given up fighting it. We do have to have a very specific routine and have several lights on (because of "monsters") but for the most part, she goes down well and then sings loudly to her animals and dolls before falling asleep.
I wish I could remember some of the cute stuff she says, but I don't write it down soon enough and then I totally forget. I need to get better about that. I just love her to pieces even though there are many battles each day to break down that will and lead/train her to obedience and a happy heart. Ellie Kate is definitely a challenge but I am so thankful for my crazy girl!
3 comments:
Those photos were great! Some looked like duplicates I took of my daughter. She screamed for 3.5 years. At almost 4 she finally settled for a bedtime routine!!! I know where you're coming from.
Hi Rachel!!
Just checking in on all of you since I haven't had a chance in a while. Sorry to hear about the flu and Samuel's troubles at school. Sounds like you have a great plan for him and I wish you all the best! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, if you're ever in NJ and need a family to photograph, I'm your girl!!!! ;) Happy Thanksgiving!
Love the pictures, they are so cute. How great that EK is fully potty trained. I am starting Taylor after Christmas.
Post a Comment