9.22.2009

A weekend away with Jeff (and some vampires)

Bet that title caught you off guard! Ha!!!

Photobucket

Well, I finally caved and have gotten sucked into (no pun intended of course) the Twilight series. Oh my goodness, they are really good! I finished the first 2 in 48 hours and am half way through the 3rd. The only reason I was able to read the first 2 so quickly is because Jeff and I escaped WITHOUT kids to Hilton Head Island last weekend. To say it was wonderful would really be an understatement!

Jeff was speaking at a retreat there so I tagged along. Thanks to the grandparents who took on our wild brood so we could escape. It really was so much fun. I got to read, eat out with Jeff, shop, and relax! And I didn't have to change any diapers, clean up any accidents, feed anyone but myself, help with any homework, or put anyone to bed! Seriously, what more could a mom of 3 want? I even got to sleep in one morning! I love Hilton Head. It is such a beautiful town and of course I took lots of pics...

view from our condo
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

We visited nearby historical Blufton, SC where my 2 great aunts lived later in their life(they raised my grandmother in Savannah - Abigail and I are named after my Aunt Marie)

This was our favorite house we saw...Seven Oaks...circa 1850
and the sign for one of the churches with some beautiful mossy oaks

Photobucket

Saturday night we ate in Harbor Town and saw some super nice yahts and had a beautiful view from our dinner table as we watched the sunset...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Zoe said...

I love South Carolina's Lowcountry... we are so excited to be moving back there in a few weeks (Beaufort, not far from Bluffton and HHI).
Your pictures made me smile - I love the South. :)

heather ryan morse said...

good for you, rachel, getting out with Jeff and having some alone time! We are going to bahamas in december to do that...i am a little scared of leaving jackson, but i know it is what i need to do :)

any tips on how to not freak out when leaving your baby?

Erin said...

Such a fun trip - the pictures are amazing. So glad we got to see your girlies while y'all were gone (it wasn't long enough though!)! :) So, I called you Sunday night after we left (missed you, but it was probably right as you were getting to your parents' house) because I heard you were reading the Twilight saga. Aren't they sooooo good?! I read them about as fast as you are reading them. Have no idea this early what our plans, your plans, your parents/my parents plans for Thanksgiving are, but if we end up together at any point around then, the second movie comes out mid-November and we'll have to go see it! (assuming you watch the first one before then...)

Ann said...

Awesome that you got to get away for the weekend....it's always nice to get a break and it helps you to appreciate them more. AND really awesome that you got acquainted with my friends the Cullens =). I re-read Twilight last weekend and am now reading New Moon again....I can't wait for the movie! =)

Maria Confer said...

Such gorgeous pictures!!

Ha, I'm currently re-reading all the Twilight book for what is seriously the tenth time. I'm half way through with the fourth. They are so very addictive.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Maggie Pelton said...

Oh my goodness that sounds like so much fun. Your pics are so amazing.

chbaker said...

So glad you were able to get away. It is good for your marriage and kids too.
I have read all the books, and drug andrew to the movie. Movie isn't nearly as good as the books.

Anna Beall said...

We lived in Hilton Head for 4 years before moving back to Alabama. Your pictures made me miss it. Hopefully, we'll make it for a visit over Spring Break. So glad you got a getaway- What fun!

emme said...

glad you got some time alone. or should i say some time with Edward and Bella....i loved the books too. i took my time reading the 4th one to make it last longer.