Jeff, my dad, and even the kids worked on taking out all of our overgrown shrubs out front and then planted new encore azalas and some other plants. It looks SO much better!
I painted the laundry room cabinets and spray painted the hardware. I also cleaned/organized all the junk that was in there.
AFTER
The biggest project was painting over the wallpaper in the dining room. I really didn't like the emerald green stripes. Well, it took 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint to finish it! I definitely had to recruit Jeff for some help when my arm was shaking from so much rolling. We also moved the armoire into the corner (after suggestions from the home tour a few months ago) and I moved the hydrangeas to the other corner.
We have also played fruit basket turnover with the kids rooms. It has been crazy. I have lost count how many times we have moved beds and furniture! Needless to say, we are both tired of moving and rearranging rooms and I am more than frustrated that none of my kids can share a room at this point. I know other families do it, but my kids just couldn't seem to handle it. So, now all the rooms are switched. Abigail now has Samuel's room, EK has Abigail's room, and Samuel has EK's room. We are cazy! It's too complicated to explain how it all came about, but let's just say all the rooms look great now and all the kids are sleeping the best they have ever slept...so I suppose it was all worth it!!!
Thanks to Aunt Jenny and De-De for the beautiful bed in Abigail's room (this is so Samuel can sleep in that bed when we have guest so that they can then have his comfy queen bed).
I'm keeping the crib in EK's room in hopes that maybe she and Abigail can share a room at some point in the future
Hope you enjoyed an updated tour of our house!!! Thanks mom and dad for all your help!!! The only thing left to do is paint the kitchen (I HATE the yellow plastic bag faux finish on the walls) and that is going to happen sometime int the next few weeks! YAY!!!
8 comments:
Rachel, it looks great. I am in the process of preparing to paint and redo rooms in this house. We've been here for a month and I am ready to get started! You've inspired me to really get moving.=)
Wow! Everything looks great! Especially the dinning room! Isn't it funny? I feel like I nest more now than I did when I was pregnant!
I love the title of the post! Your house looks so great! did you cut down that big pine out front, too? The room rearranging sounds stressful, but I'm glad it's all working out now. You're blessed to have rooms big enough for cribs and beds. That will definitely come in handy.
Great job - and I'm glad I got to see you in person during the middle of it all!!! I just announced to all my family yesterday (to hold me accountable) that I am going to paint our entire kitchen VERY SOON!!!! It too, is faux yellow with white cabinets and I am so tired of trying to clean those stinkin' white cabinets and them not coming clean! I'm stuck with picking out a color - that is always so hard! Let me know your ideas and we can suffer through it together!!!
All of your hard work really paid off. It all looks great! It always inspires me to see people actually accomplish their decorating ideas. It almost makes me want to actually begin my long list of ideas.
omg. i am in love with your house. i am also in love with the fact we aren't the only ones slaving away...haha ;) it looks awesome.c
Wow! It looks great. I really like the dining room color.
"Redecorraning" - what a great word! :) I am SO impressed by how much you got done in a weekend! Wow. I love rearranging and painting (well, not the work so much, but the results!). We are going to be moving back into a house we bought in SC several years ago, and I am so excited to repaint and do some things to make it feel 'new'. :)
By the way - love the brown/white/pink bedding in one of the bedroom pics - so cute!
Post a Comment