It was the first home game in Tuscaloosa so that was exciting! Jeff's parents were in town and then Jennifer and Buddy came as well. We got 2 babysitters to come watch the children from 2-10pm. It's kind of crazy that we have to get 2 sitters (and expensive) but our 3 are kind of hard to handle at dinner time and bedtime. But, they did awesome! The sitters had the house clean when we got home and the kids were in bed by 830 which is truly a miracle!!! So back to gameday...I dressed everyone up in gameday attire just because. And, I totally made Abigail's little top (which you can't see very well) at like 11:30 yesterday morning. I just appliqued an A and tied some houndstooth ribbon around the straps of a shirt that used to be Ellie Kate's. I actually have the fabric to make Abigail a dress to match EK, but well I just haven't made the time to do it. So, since we were all dressed to match, we decided to get some pictures. You're shocked, I know. Ha! I'm so glad we got a pretty good one.
We also got a really cute one of the whole extended family but I think Jeff's mom might want to use it as their Christmas card, so I won't spoil it (especially since I think I'm going to design it)!
Going on campus was fun. We stopped by my old stomping grounds (Alpha Chi house) and saw the updates they did over the summer. The house looks amazing! I wish I could afford their decorator:) Ha!! I had fun looking upstairs on the 2nd floor where they have re-hung all the composites. Man, I just can't believe it's been 11 years since I was there. And then I can...especially when all the cute little 18 year old girls were walking around flaunting their stuff. I felt really old...and really frumpy. I'm fine with getting old really. I'm right where I always dreamed of being at 31. However, I do wish I still had my cute little 18 year old body. Sigh.
The game was a bit slow...but we eventually began playing like the #4 team in the country. ROLL TIDE! All in all, it was a great day!
Oh, and Jennifer and Buddy (sis and brother in law) just got back from a trip to Peru and brought us all some awesome gifts. Samuel LOVED his horn!
And the girls got adorable hats that I want to get some good pictures of them in later (I have very high expectations for some cute fall pics in these hats).
4 comments:
Woa, I can't believe how much Ellie Kate and Abigail are looking alike!!!
GREAT family picture!! :)
Oh, Rach, at least you're still in style. I wouldn't have been able to have a conversation I'd be staring at everybody trying to pick up fashion tips.
I love the girls hats!!! I can't wait to see the fall pics in those!
Great family pic, too.
Those blue eyes are just to die for! You've really got a beautiful family!
Post a Comment