3.11.2009

Makeover

Not only have I given my blog a makeover....I am in the works of giving myself many makeovers. I'm coming out of the fog of having a newborn and adjusting to 3 kids. Things are starting to feel much more normal and kinda fun! So, I am in need of some major renovations! Having had 3 pregnancies and 2 babies and 2 surgeries in the last 2 or so years has taken it's toll physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Not to mention the 4 years of infertility before that. I want to be a mom who takes care of herself (most importantly in the spiritual realm of course, but also in the physical realm)!

Here are the things I have done so far (in easy to read bullet format)
  • Got my hair chopped off into a cute and easy to fix style (maybe I'll take a picture soon)
  • Got my eyebrows waxed
  • Joined Weight Watchers Online last week (I have already lost 2 pounds of the 25 I want to lose)
  • Bought this DVD so I have no excuse not to exercise if it's raining or cold outside

  • I have walked outside with the kids 5 out of the last 6 days and done the above mentioned DVD once.
  • I have been planning our weekly menu's for awhile now and it has been awesome. I feel much more organized
Here are the things I want to do
  • Lose 23 pounds (this is mostly weight that was gained during infertility treatments as I have lost all but 2 pounds of the weight I gained with Abigail)
  • Exercise 4-5 days a week
  • Spend quality time reading (devotionals, the Bible, etc) and praying so that I can parent and love my kids out of an overflow of the Spirit in my life
  • Clean out my closet and unpack the boxes that are not unpacked yet from our move this summer
I might be adding a weight loss ticker on this blog so I have some accountability. That is the key for me. I am motivated right now but I want to be accountable to my goal and be able to celebrate when I reach it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great! Yes we need a picture!
jobie

Maria Confer said...

Sounds like an awesome plan. I really want to see a pic of your hair!!

Maggie Pelton said...

Way to go Rach!! I'm proud of you! Please do post a pic of your cute hair!

Susie said...

sounds awesome rach! i am proud of you! i am dying to see your new hair! i am getting the itch! let me know how that boot camp dvd is bc i also decided the only way i will be working out is at home! i've been looking for something. always love your post!

Jody McComas said...

Great job! I have the 30 day shred video by Jillian and it's great. I think you would like it. Jenna likes to do it with me. So adorable. How about I'll pray for you to lose those pounds and you pray I gain them in baby weight ;) So far, no luck ;(

Kellie said...

Sounds awesome - doesn't it fill good to do something GOOD for yourself. WE give and give and give and we need to take a few minutes out of the day to something good for ourselves inside and out!!! I have been running every morning (at 4:45 am yuck) but it's the only time I can get it in and it feels SO GOOD to know I've done it. Can't wait to see your hair - that's one area I'm not good at - I get like ONE haircut a year - and I pull it up in ponytails and buns the rest of the time - maybe when I see yours it will motivate me to do something cute and risky!!!!! I'd love to walk with you, but I don't have a triple stoller, so anytime the children are with me (meaning anytime other than 4:45 am) would not work!!!! :~( Keep it up - you won't regret it! And share your menu planning ideas - we all need help there!!!!

Leigh Collins said...

Sounds like a great plan! I was thinking about ya'll just the other day. We still have yet to get together and I promise that we will soon! I actually bought a book last night about making our lives more simple! That is my goal for the next couple of months - get rid of the "stuff" and focus on making memories with my family !

Meredith Houston Carr said...

Rachel, what a great post!! And i love your new blog--it's awesome! You are always so creative. It's awesome to see you taking control of your life--you are truly an excellent role model, and I hope to be a mom like you one day! Also, i've been doing weight watchers for the past few months, and have had excellent success, so i'm so glad you're doing it! Once you get going, it's really the easiest thing you'll ever do to lose weight, and it absolutely works. I'm always here if you wanna swap recipes and ideas! Hope ya'll have a great weekend,

Meredith :)