I can't believe how she has changed in just a few short months!
newborn

2 months

The Chunky Monkey's Stats are:
Weight - 15 pounds 2 ounces (75%)
Height - 25 1/2 inches (75%)
Head Circ - 16 1/4 inches (50%)
Height - 25 1/2 inches (75%)
Head Circ - 16 1/4 inches (50%)
At 4 months, Abigail is a dream baby! Sleeping great, eating great and just all around a happy little girl! I do not take this for granted. Lately I have come across so many blogs of children and babies just struggling with rare diseases and many of them are dying or have died. It makes me so sad and sometimes I don't know why I even read them as they can really get me down and fearful. However, I do think it just makes me realize how grateful and blessed I am to have 3 healthy children right now. It also reminds me to cherish every moment knowing that we are not guaranteed tomorrow. I can choose to live in fear and anxiety, or I can choose to live each day thankful for what God has blessed me with for now and trust him for tomorrow. Easier said than done!!!
I have heard this awesome song lately on the radio and sure enough it's by one of my favorite singers...Darius Rucker (used to be with Hootie and the Blowfish). Apparently, he has decided to go the country route and his songs are now being played on country radio. I love his latest song "It Wont Be Like This For Long". It is another reminder to enjoy each and every stage as parents. Even though each stage has it's frustrations...they really don't last that long and one day we are going to wish we were back! Here is the link to the song on You Tube...

3 comments:
Wow, she really is growing like a weed!!
I know what you mean about trying not to live in fear and let it overcome the joys in life. I don't even have children yet and I worry about them. ;)
Beautiful song. I use to love Hootie and the Blowfish.
She is sooooo cute! I feel the same way and have to remind myself everyday of this! I love that song too! I actually have it on my iPhone!
I heard that song for the first time a few months ago. It was actually the first week I had enrolled Mar in preschool...lets just say..the part about dropping them off at school made me cry! Jobie:)
P.S. Your little one is sooo cute and getting so BIG:)
Post a Comment