2.14.2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Yesterday I got to help with Samuel's class Vday party. We did ice cream sundays and played some games. I always love going to see him at school! It is fun to see him interact with his friends and I love to see the kids he always talks about. Unfortunately I forgot my camera in my haste to get the girls down for naps before the babysitter arrived and then rushing out the door to pick up baloons for the party) so I have no cute pictures of it. Oh well.

This morning the kids had a ton of treats (compliments of the grandparents). They loved everything and have been asking for candy all morning!


We aren't really doing anything special today which is fine with me. We actually got to go out sans all 3 kids last night to a supper club with friends from church! It was so fun to have adult conversation without having to referee the crazy older 2 and/or hold the baby!!! The best part is that 2 girls babysat for free (so sweet)! I don't normally get too into Vday but it doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it. I got Jeff a cute card and some random small gifts. He came home from playing basketball this morning with some flowers, a card, and TCBY! I would have been fine with just the TCBY, but of course I LOVE the pretty spring flowers.

I am so thankful for the valentines in my life. Somedays my heart really does feel like it is going to burst with the love I have for Jeff and my 3 kids. I am so blessed! And to think that my Father in heaven loves me even more than that! I can't fathom the love He has....and yet I am so grateful that He is the author of love and because of His great love for me, I am forgiven and completely accepted as a forgiven daughter of the king!

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:9-12

No comments: