The table all set for lunch...
We had a few guests for lunch, so I pulled out my china and silver, which I never do...but it seemed like the appropriate and super fun thing to do today!!!
We had a wonderful morning at church reflecting on how Jesus has overcome death, sin, and fear! So thankful for His redeeming work on the cross and in His Resurrection. It is overwhelming to think of the beauty of Christ's sacrifice and love and all that it means. I am grateful for this holy season of remembering the greatest story every told!
Ellie Kate's beautiful dress is on loan from a neighbor/friend who got this and it didn't fit her daughter so we were blessed to wear it this year!!!
Anna Mitchell's beautfiul heirloom dress was made by Jeff's mom for his sister, Jennifer who wore it 35ish years ago. None of my other girls wore it for some reason, so I'm glad Annie came along and got to wear it this Easter. It really is so beautiful and special!!!!!!
So thankful for these four blessings in my life!!!
Abigail's dress is one I got for EK a few years ago from a friend who
was selling heirloom dresses for super cheap. I'm so glad I got this
for all my girls to get portraits done in at age 5 (and to wear on
Easter:)).
And, sweet Samuel is BEYOND over me taking pictures of him...but he graciously allowed me one shot!
Isn't he a handsome buddy who is wearing a shirt and shorts handed down from some sweet friends?
I am reminded this Easter of the beauty of the body of Christ...because that is how my kids were clothed. It is a picture of God's grace to me...because I don't deserve to be able to dress my kids like this. It doesn't even matter obviously in the scheme of things...and a fact I am keenly aware of. Nice clothes absolutely will not matter in eternity...but they do bring me some amount of joy this side of heaven. Jeff and I are missionaries and don't have a ton of money to spend on nice things, but GOD ALWAYS ALWAYS provides. He just does. We live in the deep south of Alabama, and it is tradition and fun to dress in our best on Easter. Of course, if our family couldn't do that, it wouldn't be the end of the world, and God would still be gracious and good to us. But this year, I didn't have to spend a dime and my kids just looked precious and each one of them was a reminder of how God provides and continues to provide for us in ways I don't deserve. I admittedly (sometimes more than I should) love nice things and He was gracious to provide nice things this year. Jesus didn't die and then defeat death so that we could wear nice things, but none the less, His death has provided grace and mercy everyday. And sometimes I think He extends that grace and mercy to us in little ordinary meaningless things like pretty outfits. Sometimes that grace and/or mercy is shown in suffering or hard things or unplanned things. We had a Easter like that a few years ago and it was a stark reminder that Easter is not about the fluff or the nice things we put so much importance on. I love how the Lord can teach us so many different things in each and every season He brings into our lives. I'm thankful that God alone plans out each and every day and in all the ups and downs we can trust Him and depend on Him and live for Him...all because of the Cross!
Here is the post from a few Easters ago when things didn't go as planned...
Happy Easter!








2 comments:
Your girls are so adorable in their dresses! And of course, Samuel is a handsome dude! Glad you guys had a lovely Easter. We didn't get to put on our Sunday best because we were all sick! And being on bed rest has limited what I can do. But I am stil grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is looking out for my family. ;)
Their dresses are beautiful!
Post a Comment