4.03.2013

Books

I've really made more of an effort this year to unplug from electronics and instead read more.  I have always loved reading, but 4 children, a blog, an iphone, an imac, and many DVR shows later...I just haven't done as much of that in the last few years.  But I have soooo many books that I have wanted to read.  So, I've sort of renewed my first love and have been diving into more books the last few months. 


I wanted to recommend a few because they have just been that good.  I can't NOT tell you about them!

SEVEN
by Jen Hatmaker
Have you heard of Jen?  If not, then go to her blog right now (jenhatmaker.com) and prepare to fall in love with her.  I want to move to Austin, TX and be her best friend.  I feel like she is my soul sister.  The beautiful thing about how God has gifted her is that I know pretty much everyone feels like that about her.  She is amazing and yet she is so real and honest and I just triple heart love her!  She has written a lot of books, and 7 is her most recent.  It is hilarious and challenging all at the same time.  I am looking forward to doing my own challenge soon.  I really really want to stop living with so much and give up more of myself to others.  I think that is what Jesus wants too.  If you haven't read the book, buy it now!  



Sparkly Green Earrings
by Melanie Shankle
This book is written by the popular blogger Big Mama (thebigmamablog.com)
She is hilarious and real and this book is basically just a memoir on motherhood.  There are so many sweet moments, but mostly it's just so funny and so relateable!  I loved it!


A Praying Life
by Paul Miller
I think I've mentioned it before, but really wanted to recommend it again.  It is sooooo good and has really transformed my prayer life. Paul Miller is really easy to read and yet so challenging at the same time.  He is so real and honest about his own struggles and shares a lot of what he learned about prayer through raising 6 children (one of them being special needs). 




No comments: