9.13.2011

Fall Getaway

This past weekend, we loaded up and joined nearly 300 University of Alabama Cru students for their Fall Getaway/Retreat at Lake Forest Ranch in Macon, Mississippi.   The kids had a blast and all the students were so helpful with playing and entertaining my crazy little ones.  Samuel pretty much fished all the time which means he was in little boy heaven.  It warmed my heart to see these tough college guys be so patient and loving towards Samuel as he followed them around asking a bazillion questions and badgering them to help him fish.   And the girls of course experienced all sorts of attention from the students as well.  Needless to say, we all slept really well each night after so much fun!  One fun tidbit is that Jeff and I went to Lake Forest Ranch as college students as well on our Fall Retreats when we were involved with Cru.  It was sort of crazy to be back.  I'm pretty sure I never would have thought 12 years ago that I would be back one day with my 3 children and 1 in the belly.  The students even had a dance party Saturday  night just like we used to back in the day:).  It's such a privilege to work with college students and see the Lord at work at Alabama.  It is really amazing that we brought so many students!

I, of course, took a lot of pictures with my iPhone and my camera.  I think you'll get a glimpse of all the fun we had (catching lizards, swinging in the hammock, paddle boats, fishing, watching the Alabama football game outside, etc.) ...












































And these are from the iPhone...

5 comments:

Carlin said...

you were in my neck of the woods! I live in Columbus...My best friend got married at LFR; it is such a neat place!

Sarah said...

Aaahhh- the memories!! :)

Kellie said...

What a great group you had!! I grew up going to Lake Forest Ranch as a child for church camp, then went again in college!!! Can Will and I and the children go with ya'll next time? Fun memories!!!

Maggie Pelton said...

Girl, you just brought back some serious memories!! I LOVE that place!! I would never have imagined you back there 12 years later either. So fun that your kids get to grow up like the Johnson kids were with us!

Kimmie said...

so fun! love all the pictures. i wish my sister would have gone!!! i'm going to let her know what she missed. ;)