I didn't always feel like lugging my big camera around so I took a lot of the following pics with my old sony point and shoot which really takes awful pictures (oh well)! Anyway, here is a little glimpse of our trip...
At the beach
(there was a coral reef right where the water meets the sand so it was hard to actually get into the ocean water)
(there was a coral reef right where the water meets the sand so it was hard to actually get into the ocean water)

little critter



iguana right beside us as we ate the breakfast buffett
(I do not want to get on the scale, but suffice it to say, that I will be working hard the next few weeks to lose what I gained and then I will get back to trying to reach my goal)
(I do not want to get on the scale, but suffice it to say, that I will be working hard the next few weeks to lose what I gained and then I will get back to trying to reach my goal)


Dinner our first night at the Italian place



this was the building we stayed in
(The Mayan Jungle)
(The Mayan Jungle)

some of the amazing pool





We spent an afternoon in Playa Del Carmen which was only about 30 minutes away. It's a touristy town right on the beach with lots of shopping, good food, and a beautiful beach!


anyone that knows me well, knows that I could literally eat mexican food everyday of my life...so being in Mexico was so fun! I did eat a lot of mexican food and never got tired of it:)


Day trip to Chichen Itza (one of the 7 Wonders of the World)



our last night...headed to the Mexican Fiesta

they handed Jeff this hat and me a scarf as we walked in along with brown margaritas (not sure why they were brown)...clearly, my husband is being silly:)

The Mexican fiesta held a buffett of SO MUCH FOOD. I wanted to try everything, but I couldn't. This was my yummy plate of food that stuffed me so I couldn't go back to get more

some of the program (it was fun and we ended up dancing on the stage at the end with about 100 of our "closest" friends - ha)!


if you can't tell...we were quite hot and sweaty:)

That's all folks!!!


10 comments:
What a beatiful place!! It looks like you had a wonderful time together. Love all of the pictures, thanks for sharing.
you look great!! and that food looks to die for! the pool is so neat..with the chairs in the water! oh and on another note a huge group of Redeemer mommmies are reading shepherding together for a book club. i am loving that book!
I am so glad you were able to get away and have a great trip! Looks like y'all really had a wonderful time!
We are headed to Cancun in August, looks like fun!
Looks like lots of fun. The place is beautiful.
Oh wow, Rachel, looks like an amazing trip!! You guys are so cute - I'm glad you had a chance to get away together!
so glad you are back and had a great time!! looks like so much fun...and what a relaxing vacation! i'm sure the kiddos missed you so much!
It's gorgeous, Rach. I'm so glad y'all were able to get away. I completely understand the not knowing how to be you anymore. I'm feeling a bit of that recently, too.
Looks like y'all had a great time! :) Love all of the pics!
Congratulations on your trip!! So happy for y'all to be able to enjoy time away with JUST one another. AND...quit being so hard on yourself about your weight...you are beautiful!
Post a Comment