6.20.2010

Fathers

Happy Fathers Day!!!


"You are the guide, and the weight of her world...so fathers be good to your daughters" - John Mayer

I have been so blessed by the many "fathers" in my life. My earthly father in so many ways was and still is my hero. My dad is amazing and I am so thankful for such a loving example of what a dad should be to a daughter. He really was the weight of my world for so many years and I respect him so much. He is a darn good granddaddy too!!!!






And then there is of course Jeff, the father to my children. I am so thankful and proud to parent alongside him. I always knew he would be a good daddy and he has not disappointed me! He cares for us, loves us, serves us, and shows Christ to us every day. He's pretty cute too:)












Big Papa is the father-in-law. Jeff would not be the daddy he is without the example of such a good dad himself and for that I am so grateful. He is also a darn good grandaddy too:)




We also love our own grandfathers who we are so tickled are still alive and can know our children!!!

Pa

Pee Paw

Granddaddy

Lastly, I am so thankful (and undeserving) to be a daughter of my Heavenly Father...my King.

"This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!" Romans 8:15-17 The Message


4 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful post.

Hope your Father's Day was amazing.

Taylor said...

Such a touching post.

Kelly said...

such a precious, beautiful post...i love it!! ...another thing i love?!?! the GORGEOUS pics from you mexican getaway...awesome! so glad you guys had a great time :)

jennifer said...

Love the pics, you hit the nail on the head of the emotions a father brings!! So glad you had a wonderful trip, it looked AMAZING! but, i know you are glad to be home!