5.31.2010

Portraits

What's a family vacation without trying to get some good portraits right???? This is BY FAR my dad and Jeff's most unfavorite part of a family vacation...but thankfully they are good sports and indulge us in our quest for good pictures. It is never without tears from the children which leaves all of us wondering why we ever try in the first place! Ha! However, when it's all said and done, we are all thankful for the memories and good pictures that I know will be cherished forever:).

This year, we decided to forego the traditional beach pics in white. Too. much. trouble. So, we decided to adorn ourselves in shades of turquoise and do it out by the pool where we were staying. There were these beautiful waterfalls that I knew would make a great backdrop and contrast to our turquoise. Anyway, we got a friend (and fellow blogger who loves photography) who was on project with us to help take the big family pics and she did a great job and was such a trooper!!! Thanks Kitty! I didn't put a watermark on these because they are just too beautiful! I'm probably being paranoid anyway about pictures being stolen.


Without further ado...our Wood/Norris family portraits...Destin, Florida 2010...































at the end, Samuel wanted to take a picture...so he took this one of my mom and me (all the others had gone in already)

then he wanted a pic of himself and Nana

and finally, he wanted one of himself and me:). i absolutely LOVE this picture and my precious little man!

7 comments:

jellaan said...

Beautiful pictures!! I hope to get some nice pictures when we go to the beach in a few weeks! Going to attempt the white outfits for the kids....we'll see how well they cooperate!!

Annie said...

Love it!! Those pictures turned great.

You and your mom looks alike.

Kelly said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!! ... i had to show brett the pick of your dad...i said ever see coach smile so big before?!?...he just laughed & said nope :) amazing what the grandbabies will do to you!! seriously, you guys are so photogenic...just beautiful!

Taylor said...

So many beautiful shots of you and your family! I love that everyone is colour coordinated too!

Maggie Pelton said...

The pics are great!! We didnt' have a photographer this year so we didnt even attempt one. Kind of sad. Ironically, we were going to wear blue and white this year, too, if we could've gotten someone to take one for us!

natalie said...

I'm breathless. Every.single.one. of these are incredible. Who cares if the kids are in tears by the end if you've got these fantastic pictures??? Well, okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you know what I mean!

KCH said...

Hahaha. Thanks for the shout-out :) I loved being with your family!!