- watching my daughter finally start walking at 13 months (video to follow soon)
- doctors appointments
- constant nausea all day
- sheer exhaustion
- blood draws
- girls nights while Jeff was out of town
- did I mention lots of nausea?
- taking naps when Ellie Kate does
- seeing our new baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks!
That's right...I am pregnant! The Lord has created a new life again and I am humbled to be given another chance. I honestly didn't believe it would happen, and for the Lord to provide this weeks before our last baby's due date is so sweet to me. Like my friend Elizabeth said the other night...."Girl, God has opened your womb!" It's so true. For over 3 years Jeff and I tried to get pregnant and finally did In Vitro Fertilization to conceive Ellie Kate. We had male and female issues that were quite serious. Being pregnant with Ellie Kate must have surely opened my womb and the Lord has taken care of the male factor side of things somehow. I never thought I would be able to get pregnant without very expensive and invasive treatments and I am so thankful that I have been able to twice now in 7 months! However, to say I am nervous and completely terrified some moments would be an understatement. I still miss my 3rd baby everyday and think about it constantly, especially as the due date approaches in 2 weeks. I am so scared I will have to go through the same thing again. Today, I am 6 weeks and 5 days. We saw the heartbeat last week and it was beautiful. God is such a miracle worker. I am sharing my news early because Jeff, Samuel, Ellie Kate and I covet your prayers. We are depending on the Holy Spirit as we trust in His perfect timing and plan for this baby. I have another ultrasound in about 2 weeks where hopefully we will see that our baby has grown and is healthy. This ultrasound will be at about the same time we lost the last baby. I think I will feel a lot better if we do see this baby is doing well at that point. I have been feeling pretty crappy already like I did with Ellie Kate so I am taking that as a good sign! I never felt bad with the last pregnancy.
Thank you for prayers as my angel's due date approaches and as we entrust this new life to the Lord and treasure each moment we have with it.
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1
27 comments:
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you and will pray constantly!! I think that I was terrified most of my pregnancy with Nolan because I am high risk and already miscarried. So, I know where you are and am praying!
Praise God for sure a great miracle! I have every faith that this pregnancy will be perfect.
Yea! Rachel, like I already said I'm so excited for you. I also wanted to say that generic Zofran changed my life so you might want to ask you doctor about it.
HOORAY!!! That's the best news I've heard in weeks. I'm so thrilled for you guys! We'll be praying.
Rachel - I am definitely sending prayers and all the positive energy I can muster up for you and baby! Such great news!
Hi Rachel! I came across your blog through Julia P. I have been reading for a while now, it is so inspiring and has been a blessing for me! I have had 2 miscarriages, I know how scared I was when I became pregnant w/ my now 2 yr old son. I was terrified I would have another miscarriage. God helped me through it, and blessed us w/ Nathan! You will all be in our prayers!!! I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Opps! I left out CONGRATS!!! I was so excited to read this blog!!
YAY, WOW, OMG!! This is sooooo exciting. What an amazing blessing from God!
Yay Rachel! What an answered prayer! Congratulations!!
yay! i am praying...i kind of know the fear that your speak of...i struggle with it too...just know that you are not alone! i am praying that the Lord would fill you with an extreme amount of peace and a secondly reliance on Him (and you pray that stuff for me too)...so excited to be preggers with you!
I'm a lurker but I would like to say Congratulations! I had a loss at 5 months pregnant and got pregnant again afterward....you have to trust every detail to God. I didn't always do that and almost went through the same thing again until I stopped and really truly gave it to God. Don't hold on to it....plan for you blessing!
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the rock eternal. Isaiah 26:3-4
www.minishfamily.blogspot.com
Congratulations! I was so excited to read this! We will be praying for your precious baby and your fears. I know sickness is awful and I hated it when people told me this, but its a really good sign of a healthy pregnancy. Though it did not ease the nausea! Much love to you all!
We are so happy for you guys. I have also been in that situation and was so nervous the whole 1st half of my pregnancy after a miscarriage. Give it to God and pray without ceasing! You will be in our prayers for sure! Keep us posted. I love your new blog. How did you find this background on blogspot? I cannot figure out how to make mine more colorful! Take care & lots of rest! Missy Copes
I am weeping! I have been praying that you would be pregnant again by your due date. A true miracle and I am overwhelmed at the goodness of our God. What an amazing blessing; I am so excited for you and Jeff!
Hey Rachel- I don't know if you remember me from Alabama and also I was the Hokes next-door neighbor when Charles and William were young- Anna Poythress (now Beall). Anyway, I found your blog through Teresa's and I read about your loss awhile back, and wanted to let you know that I was so happy for you today when I read your good news. I'm praying for you and your little one. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
I am so happy to read this. Congratulations!
Rachel! Congratulations!
This is Alyse de Julien (now Woodward). I am sure you do not remember me! The last time I saw you I think I was probably in grade school! I went to PCS with Ryan and actually went to one of his football games and saw your parents at a Duke football game a few years ago. We move to NC so I went to NC State. It was my freshman year so it was about the same time you guys were adopting Samuel. Anyway I am a definite blog reader and was reading www.cfhusband.blogspot.com (if you haven't heard of the Lawrensons yet you should definitely check out their amazing story!) and they sometimes link to other families with babies who are sick/parents who are adopting etc. For some reason I thought of your story and ended up finding your blog. Anyway congratulations and your family (and blog) is adorable! Praying for you guys!
I told Graham about your pregnancy over dinner last night. We were both very excited for you guys! Your stories of God's grace and mercy are going to be passed on for years to come! Thanks for staying faithful to our Lord!
Congratulations, Rachel! This post made me tear up too. I'll definitely be praying for you and this precious little baby. Erika and the Whites :)
I'm praying for you constantly!!! Love you so much and congrats again!!!
So happy for you:)
Jobie and marley
P.S. When you get a chance let me know where you get your blog backgrounds:) It is so cute.
Congratulations!! I’m so excited for you! I will definitely continue to pray for you and your family.. I know that you have no clue who I am.. I work at State Farm and received and email about 1-2 years back with your web address on it.. I was so touched by your site I check it about 2-3 times a week for updates.. You are such a sweet family.. Congratulations again!!
Stephanie
That is so awesome Rachel!!! Jim and I are so excited for you and your family!!! Children are such a HUGE BLESSING from the Lord, aren't they!
Jim, Heather, Mia, Maci and Baby #3Nicklas
Yeah!!! Great news for the Norris family--a beautiful family at that. I will lift you all up in prayers, especially during the next few weeks while awaiting your next appointment.
God is good.
Mary Sloan Thompson
Rachel,
I've been praying for you and will continue to do so! I'm so glad you are able to see your baby again soon!
God is SO good.
Love,
Natalie
I just found your blog and I wanted to join everyone else in saying congratulations and that I will be praying for you and the baby! That is such good news!
Post a Comment