We did travel a good bit and do things we don't normally get to do...like do a beach vacation with my family and go see Jeff's family for several days with no agenda. We also got so many lazy days at home. I loved that the kids could stay up late and sleep late (if you consider 8 am late). There were definitely some days that we did not get out of pajamas until noon!
Samuel made some good friends in the neighborhood this summer and since the temperatures have been mild was really able to play outside quite a bit. The big girls have played so good all summer just using their imaginations playing with their dolls and princesses most of the time. We have our share of fights and drama, but I am so thankful that my big girls are truly best friends and playmates! And then there is Anna Mitchell. She is my little sidekick...always needing and wanting me. I don't remember this about the others. She is seriously high maintenance but so much fun. She will play some with the other kids but she rarely plays with toys and just in general doesn't seem to know what to do with herself. She is a happy baby for the most part, but gets real fussy if she is not entertained. Thankfully around here there is a lot of entertainment:).
Jeff enjoyed his sabbatical in May and June and got lots of refueling time in the Word and reading other books. Then he spent most of July and early August preparing for the fall semester and all the craziness that brings!
I lost my camera battery charger and have been horrible about taking pics. Shocking! I just ordered a new charger so hopefully can start taking better and more pics. I feel like this past year of our life has not been documented well...such is life in this season.
God has used this summer to really help me trust Him more with my kids and with my ability to parent them. There were some really good days of obedience and getting along well...but there were way too many days where my children's selfishness and self absorption was disgusting to me. Days of complaining, and arguing, and ingratitude. There were days I thought I had it totally together and then there were days like yesterday where I had to walk out of Target with 3 screaming children and my cart full of stuff was left behind:(. It was one of my shining moments as a mom (haha) and ohhhh so humbling. But we had some good teaching moments and I am so thankful that God's mercies are new every morning and that His strength is perfect in my weakness!
A few instagram pics so this post isn't totally boring....
![]() |
| Samuel MADE this cool cross! He is so talented and loves building things! |










No comments:
Post a Comment