6.10.2013

Disney World 2013

Yep, that's right...we took the inevitable trip to Disney World this year!  It was actually way back in April, but I am just getting around to blogging about it.  We had a great trip and are so thankful that my parents got to go with us.  We are also very thankful for being able to use a family member's time share so our lodging was free.  What a huge blessing that was!!!! Also, we only took our three big kids and left Anna Mitchell with our sweet friend Melinda who gave up her spring break to take care of Anna Mitchell.  Now, that was a huge blessing!!!!

I have to be honest that I did not do a ton of planning.  It way too overwhelming to me.  My mom did some research and we looked at a library book together and sort of decided which attractions we really wanted to do and try to see.  We also downloaded an app that let us look at wait times for the rides and attractions.  That was a big help! 

Our itinerary was as follows:
Day 1 - drive from Tuscaloosa to Orlando with two middle girls.
Day 2 - do the time share presentation so we could get the free lodging and two tickets to one of the parks.  That afternoon we did Hollywood Studios from about 1pm - 9 pm. That was plenty of time for that park! We did the Fantasmic show that night and I would say that we wish we hadn't of.  There were just so many dark parts to it (the bad guys and witches from all the movies) and our girls were way scared:(
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom!!!! My parents flew down with Samuel this day and met us in park after lunch.  We used that morning to do most of the babyish princess stuff that Samuel wouldn't want to do.
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom (loved this park!!!!)
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom again (so so so glad we did two days in Magic Kingdom).  We took a midday break for this day and I really liked that.  So we did from like 10-1 and 5-10 at the park that day and it was plenty!


These are just a sampling of pics from my big camera which I only took with me to the Magic Kingdom.  I'll do another post with pics from my iphone:). 








One of the most fun things was Enchanted Tales with Belle where you get to act out a little part of her story.  Samuel was the Beast!!! He got to dance with Belle and was highly embarrassed, but I think he was impressed too:). 




Could not contain her excitement to meet Cinderella and the other storybook princesses!



waiting for Dumbo

Merida was so friendly and fun!!!












Samuel thought he was too cool to meet Mickey Mouse, but I think he secretly though it was cool:)












Riding the boat from the parking lot to the park entrance...









rent a stroller...even Samuel rode in it for a bit:)




merry go round

jungle cruise

Electrical parade was fun the last night!


I think most of the ride pics are on my phone camera.  The kids had fun, but honestly I think they would have been just as content to play at the really cool pool where we were staying:).  The girls did love meeting all the princesses and different characters.  I think Samuel enjoyed Animal Kingdom the most and a few of the rides in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.  They all three really loved the Enchanted Tales With Belle!  

We are glad we got to experience Disney with our big kids before they got too old and cool to appreciate the magic.  I don't know when we go back though...I think we got our fill!  Poor Anna Mitchell may never get to go:).  Ha ha!!! Disney can be a little overwhelming although I feel like we did a pretty good job of keeping it low key and having low expectations.  There were lots of meltdowns but lots of fun and laughter as well!!! 



No comments: