3.07.2013

A Very Fine Tea Party!






As you can see, we had a tea party for Ellie Kate on her birthday.  It was so much fun and possibly my favorite party yet!  I had so much fun coming up with all the details and making everything in our house so pretty:).  Ellie Kate was sooooooo excited to have her school friends see her house and come to the party.  I loved watching how excited she was.  Her friends are so sweet and they all seemed to have so much fun!







I borrowed a lot of stuff from my mom...the tablecloth, silver tea set, and cups and saucers. 
I had sweet tea in the tea pot and the girls LOVED pouring that into their teacups.  It was so cute!  
I also had pink lemonade in their milk bottles in case they didn't like the tea.


When the girls arrived, they had to get ready by putting on a hat (dollar tree finds by my mom),  pearl necklaces (from amazon.com), and lip gloss that I applied.  They all looked so beautiful when I was done with them:). 










Outside, I had a few activities for them.  First, the decorated little tea pot foam frames.  They loved that of course.  Then I had little purses from Hobby Lobby and fabric flowers (I asked a sweet friend Allison to make them for me) for them to pick out.  I then hot glued the flowers onto the purse.  They loved these too!



Since Ellie Kate and her friends are so into American Girl dolls, I had them bring their favorite doll to the tea party.  I made little party hats for the dolls that turned out so cute.  I found the template on pinterest.  I was going to have a table set up for the dolls to have a tea party at, but I just sort of ran out of ideas by the end of the week and couldn't implement that one, so the dolls just got carried around a lot and then sat on the chair together during tea time.



For food, I did a Publix cake, fruit, Publix petit fors, chips, cheese straws, and little sandwiches (not pictured).  Simple and mostly cheap (besides the cake).






I think EK will remember this party for a long time.  It was so much fun and we loved celebrating our special 6 year old!!!! Now, I am just soooo glad to be done with parties for awhile!  My children have birthdays all in a row with Christmas in between and it's exhausting, but fun:). 



4 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Love it!!!

Allison Gortney said...

So sweet! That last pic of you and Ellie is super cute! You look so pretty, Rach! And the birthday girl too, of course :)

The Brannens said...

As always, you planned an adorable party!

laurie said...

EK is such a beautiful little girl & I know she loved her party. You always do such awesome birthday parties with such perfect details! You are a great momma & your kids are lucky & blessed to have you!