So like I said in my previous post, I have been a busy bee painting Ellie Kate and Abigail's furniture that was given to us by Jeff's grandmother and mom. It's a pretty classic French Provincial style set that was very popular in the 50s. The before wasn't necessarily bad, it just blended with the walls and didn't really go with the other stuff I already had in their room. So, I decided to give the set a makeover. I love how everything turned out! However, I may not be painting anything again in the near future. I got my painting fix for awhile:). Ha ha!
The only thing new is the furniture. Everything else was already in there. We just rearranged a bit since before this we had bunk beds. This is not a decorating show piece by any means. Just a fun little girls room that my 4 and 5 year old truly enjoy and play in (because we don't have a playroom).
I did spray paint the hardware with some oil rubbed bronze spray paint I already had on hand.
I used oil based paint for these pieces which was sort of a pain, but will hopefully hold up well over time! It's White Dove by Benjamin Moore.
I decided to give the beds a little pop of color with some pink! Don't know that color off the top of my head but if you want to know, just leave me a comment and I'll add it back in the post:).
I got this bedding a year or so ago for the girls with some of their Christmas money from Pottery Barn Kids. I still love it!
This is their little play corner of American Girl and Bitty Baby Twin dolls. They also have a walk in closet with a good many books and toys in it in addition to their clothes.
Just a small gallery wall...
Oh the tree is a fabric vinyl that is removable. I got it on Etsy a few years ago and I love it because it can be moved. I kept the tube and plastic it came on so I could move it with us wherever we go or if I decide to move it around the room.
This sweet girl wanted to get in some pics. Of course I obliged:)...
Abigail loves her pretty new bed!
(so does Ellie Kate, but she was at school when I took pics)
And here is what the set looked like before...

This is the original brochure that came with the furniture. What a blessing to have this set in our family! We are so thankful!












2 comments:
love love love it!! You did a great job! what a big task you took on!
So cute! I would never be brave enough to paint beds, but you did a great job!
Post a Comment