8.08.2012

On Motherhood


If you are like me, you need all the encouragement you can get from this ministry called motherhood.  I love that facebook allows the spread of so many amazing blogs/articles related to motherhood.  There have been several lately that have been just what I needed to read and be reminded of as I journey along with my little ones.  Some convicting thoughts too.

Then there is of course the word of God which can just bring me to my knees as I read it through the filter of being a mom.  Here are some truths I read this morning that I need to memorize so that I can walk in them throughout the long days...

"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt so that you may know how to answer everyone."  Colosssians 4:6

"For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake so that His life may be revealed in our mortal bodies."  2 Corinthians 4:11

"Therefore having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart..." 
2 Corinthians 4:1

And perhaps my most favorite and convicting quote from the articles I have recently read is this...

"The Everyday Question, however, asks not just about what I do but also about my attitude: 
Will I joyfully pour out my life as a fragrant offering before the Lord for the benefit of my children? Will I serve my children out of obligation and duty or will I serve like I'm serving God Himself? 
Will I die to myself so that I might live to God in the specific calling He has given me as a mom?
The Everyday Question must be answered everyday.
Because motherhood is not so much the big, dramatic acts of sacrifice, 
but the little, everyday, unseen ones"  Christine Hoover


If you need encouragement and truth as you mother your little arrows, I encourage you to read the following blog posts if you haven't already...

The Everyday Question

Motherhood is Victory

Dear Stay at Home Mom


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing these. I am in need of some inspiration, partly because we have reached the end of summer and the end of my sanity!!!