Lately, it seems though that my kiddos are growing up WAY.TOO.FAST. I stop during the day a lot of times and just think..."you have three kids...8 years, 4 years, and 2 years old." How did I get here so fast? I literally watch them periodically and try to freeze the memory in my mind because I know all too soon, they will be gone and grown up. I'm trying to embrace every stage, every moment, every change that comes our way as we raise these 3 arrows.
One day in our home, there will be no more squeals of laughter or toys littered across the floor, no more sippy cups filling my dishwasher or carseats in the minivan, no more homework or basketball games to attend, no more fights to break up or boo-boos to kiss away. I sort of dread that day, as so much of who I am now is wrapped up in these three little ones under my care. And yet, that day will come...sooner than I can even imagine I'm sure!
This weekend, I had to embrace a change that is bittersweet. We transitioned Abigail to a big girl bed and took down her crib. Moment of silence please:)...
![]() |
| bye bye baby bed |
This is the first time in over 5 years without a crib up in our home. It was something I longed for and dreamt about for so long and now it is disassembled and in the attic. And yet, this symbolizes moving into the next stage of life for us. We no longer have babies in the house. We may not ever see a crib here again...and that's okay. God has given me ever so much more than I could ever ask or imagine in my children. To have made it this far is just amazing! I look forward to this chapter of toddler to pre-school and school aged children and watching the amazing little people they are becoming!
My Abigail is growing up and changing almost daily. She is a hoot and so precious to me! She loves her big girl bed and sharing a room with her sister now. I'll post more about their new rooms later!






4 comments:
That was a refreshing post to read. Sometimes I need perspective like that. I love my life, don't take me wrong, but I so often let the little parts that are this stage of life, get me frustrated rather than soaking in the ever quickly passing stage that it is. Thanks for the reminder. :)
Such a beautiful post, it brought a tear to my eye. I have been feeling the same way lately.
Although we still have another crib in the house I got a little choked up reading this post as MA will be in a big girl bed sometime soon too. These transitions are so hard, but exciting at the same time!
Claire is SO ready for a big girl bed...but I just can't let go of her crib for some reason....why do they have to grow up?!?
Post a Comment