Abigail loves books and just "talks" the whole time she is looking at them. She understands so much and is beginning to identify animals and such if I ask her to.
She likes to grab Samuel's things from him and play with them
However, a baby doll holds the key to her heart.
As much as Ellie Kate is a "momma", I think Abigail will be even more. She seems to always have one of our 15 babies tucked under her left arm.
She has become queen of "the look." Apparently, I give this look too.
Another expression after being told "no" about climbing on the fireplace hearth. This is her new favorite thing to do, but thankfully she is pretty good about easily being redirected to a new activity. Abigail has a very sweet personality and I can tell already that she does not have the fire or strong will that her sister does. Amen to that:)
Speaking of her sister, Abigail likes to do whatever Ellie Kate does...or Samuel for that matter. She just follows them around and wants to be doing whatever they are doing.
She also has some very important things to say these days. Her talking is hilarious! I have never heard such cute baby chatter. Abigail's vocabulary is slowly expanding and she tries to repeat a lot of things. Right now she clearly says daddy, ni-ni (night night), bye -bye, ease (please), baby, as well as signs "more" and "all done".
Other notable things from this age:
-she has pretty much dropped her morning nap (yay!)
-I still give her one bottle at bedtime and I know I need to stop that, but I just can't bring myself to. It's such a sweet, still, cuddly time.
-Has 8 teeth
-Wears 12-18 month clothes and probably weighs about 23 pounds
-Her favorite food is cheese
-Hates riding in the car
-Loves to give kisses (and they are so sweet)!
And just for fun, here is a little comparison.
Ellie Kate at 14 months on the left and Abigail at 14 months on the right...
12 comments:
I'm behind on my blog readings from like the last week haha, so to catch up - love the new "simplistic" look! And reading your post just makes me laugh when I think of Abigail just talking away at the Christmas tree in her baby chatter when we were home - hilarious! Lastly, I just have to say that as much as Abigail looks like you in lots of pictures, the one at the top of this post looks THE MOST like you (especially after watching those baby videos of you when we were home) of any I've ever seen!
On another note - I've been playing around with photoshop alot this week (can't believe I didn't get around to installing it til this past weekend!) and may have to do a make-over on mine soon too :) It'll be hard to part with my current one, but it's just so much fun to play with. Honestly, I think I might like playing with the design of the blog better than writing on it, ha!
I just ADORE that girl, Rach! She is simply too cute and sweet for words. EK is just a doll too - and how sassy is that new little hair cut of hers?!? xoxoxo
I CANNOT get over how much they look alike! Amazing!! Their eyes seem a little different but other than that, it is uncanny! PRECIOUS to the core!!
She's so gorgeous! Love the photo of her talking!
Wow, EK and Abigail look so similar and yet so different, if that makes any sense!
Lulu Letty
She is adorable. You can really see the resemblance in the comparison photo. too cute!
Rachel, Abigail and Anna would really be good friends. One of Anna's new things is climbing on our fireplace hearth too! So funny. She just gets up there and jabbers away! I feel your pain about the bottle. My pediatrician made me feel really bad so ours are put away!
Such a sweet little lady! I love reading the monthly updates.
God bless her. She is so cute.
What a doll she is! I can't believe all she's saying. That's got to be a boy/girl difference. I can't imagine when NI will be saying anyting other than "da-da" and I wont even guess about walking!
I love EK's short hair.
I want to sew every time I look at your blog. Love the girls appliqued shirts!
You are seriously the most talented and gorgeous blogger in all the land. Your husband must be the luckiest guy ever.
those pics of the girls on the fireplace melts my heart. can't believe i will be there sooN! did yo make the birdy shirts? that is what i need for the party! love them! your pics are just so great! i covet your camera!
is that vase in the background on the fireplace the one i got you for your wedding?
Post a Comment