"Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!" Psalm 95:2
I can't believe it's November! I had fully intended to post this yesterday but my sweet laid back baby has turned into somewhat of a nearly two year old tantrum throwing terror as of late. Anyway, I didn't have much "me" time yesterday to do a blog post.
SOOO, since it's November, I really want to focus on the real meaning of the holidays as it's so easy to get caught up in all the fun decorations and gift getting/buying, eating, etc. I want our family to celebrate things we are thankful for in the month of November. I have so many things to be grateful for and so many times throughout the day my mind gets stuck on the things that bother me...so I'm hoping that as I am more intentional in looking for the little daily graces and blessings in my day, that it will cultivate a true heart of thanksgiving as we enter this holiday season. I would love to say I will post them everyday, but I probably won't. However, I would at least like to post several times a week so that I can really use this month to realize the big and small things I have to be thankful for. I am also going to make some sort of Thanksgiving tree with the kids so they too can realize all they have to be thankful for.
So for today, I'm thankful for...
1. the fragrance of fresh starbucks coffee brewing this morning
2. socks and dirty laundry littering the floor reminding me of dreams fulfilled
3. a 3 year old daughter dressing as a princess revealing a heart that longs to be known and to be seen as beautiful
4. a dark quiet morning reading the red letter words of Christ
5. time spent with friends
6. wearing new shoes:)
7. coke zero with crushed ice from Chick fil a
8. being reminded of God's grace and provision in my life as I prepared to share at my Bible Study this morning
9. sister love and forgiveness
10. maturity and responsibility in a 8 year old boy longing to please his momma
11. the invention of nyquil so I could get a good nights sleep despite my bad cold
3 comments:
Good list! I have a hurricane vase that I think I'm going to try to fill with notes from Brice of things he is thankful for. Certainly, we can fill it up!
A great list!
thoughtful and sweet list! :)
Post a Comment