This is Ray and Jeff. They were roomies in college for 2 years. After college Ray moved out to Dallas. He had been working out there and had actually been playing on the Dallas Mavericks summer league team (he played against and with their star players). He got hurt...had a small surgery...started bleeding profusely...called Jeff as he was getting in the ambulance...went into a coma...stayed in a coma for 3 months...miraculously woke up and found out he has a rare form of leukemia...beat it...came back...beat it again...came back again...had a bone marrow transplant...beat it again. NOW it might be back...wrapped around his heart.
He goes in for OPEN HEART exploratory surgery TOMORROW. He is weak...and he is scared.
However, Ray is fighter and has been fighting this awful disease for over 3 years. God has performed miracle after miracle as Ray didn't have much of a chance after he fell into a coma. God has drawn Ray into a closer relationship to himself and has used him to share about it to many people. We praise God for this. We beseech Him now to get Ray through a very difficult surgery. Whatever the outcome, we pray for peace and courage as he deals with another setback. Will you join us in praying for our dear friend?
Here is a word from Ray that we received the other day...
I turned 30 on Feb 10 and it was not as bad as I thought. Still no gray hairs and much thanks to my friend Donnie for allowing my Mom and friends to sit in his awesome Mavs seats.
I find myself in a familiar situation...the benefactor of so many emails, texts, calls, and prayer. I really feel pretty good and very anxious to let the Dr go in and cut this "funky stuff" out.
Thumbs up over here and my little speedbump is exactly that. Please know that my family & I are so appreciative for the prayers you have lifted up. Heard a neat quote from Helen Keller..."The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
He goes in for OPEN HEART exploratory surgery TOMORROW. He is weak...and he is scared.
However, Ray is fighter and has been fighting this awful disease for over 3 years. God has performed miracle after miracle as Ray didn't have much of a chance after he fell into a coma. God has drawn Ray into a closer relationship to himself and has used him to share about it to many people. We praise God for this. We beseech Him now to get Ray through a very difficult surgery. Whatever the outcome, we pray for peace and courage as he deals with another setback. Will you join us in praying for our dear friend?
Here is a word from Ray that we received the other day...
I turned 30 on Feb 10 and it was not as bad as I thought. Still no gray hairs and much thanks to my friend Donnie for allowing my Mom and friends to sit in his awesome Mavs seats.
I find myself in a familiar situation...the benefactor of so many emails, texts, calls, and prayer. I really feel pretty good and very anxious to let the Dr go in and cut this "funky stuff" out.
Thumbs up over here and my little speedbump is exactly that. Please know that my family & I are so appreciative for the prayers you have lifted up. Heard a neat quote from Helen Keller..."The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
4 comments:
Oh Rachel, Im so sad to hear this. Im super emotional today so I cried when I read this. Im praying for Ray. Please let us know how the surgery goes. love, T
oh rach, i remember him from school. i am so sorry to hear this. i will be praying for ray, his surgeons and those caring for him, and his family. i will add him to my prayer list at church and my wmen's bible study too.
Rachel, I will be praying for your dear friend. God knows all about it. Hugs.
I have been trying to follow Ray's story for the last few years - Will and I both new him in college. It's so sad, but he is a fighter and I hope he wins this most current fight again. We will be praying!
Post a Comment