9.15.2010

A Little Pick Me Up!

There are some things that just put me in a great mood, and one of those is easy projects!!! After being a little down yesterday, today has been much better! Thank you for the sweet comments and those of you who even texted me or emailed. I am so thankful for all the encouragement and love I get when I post about hard things. God is sooo sweet to me!

So, back to the project.

I took myself on over to Hobby Lobby to grab a few items I needed to make a nifty little earring holder. I got the idea from the KEVIN AND AMANDA blog. If you haven't ever gone to their blog, you totally should. Even though they are Auburn fans:)! Ha! Seriously though, she is kind of like an idol for me. She likes to do so many of the same things I do (crafts, decorate, bake, photography, create cute blogs, etc) but she does all of them so much better!!! So anyway, got the idea from her blog and decided to go for it. I don't know if you are like me, but I am forever losing earrings. I love this project because it was QUICK AND EASY! Be still my heart:).

Supplies :
8 x 10 Frame
picture hanging wire
thumb nails or a staple gun


I decided on an open back frame from Hobby Lobby because they were half off this week. If I had felt like driving to the gross Walmart I could have gotten a frame for $3 to paint or something...however, because I got one at Hobby Lobby (which is a much more pleasurable shopping experience), I got to skip that step:). I went with a rustic looking frame because I thought that would look cool with the wire. The frame was $7.50 and the wire $1.47. I already had the thumb nails...




I just wrapped the wire around the thumb nail several times and then pushed it in harder to the frame. It seems pretty sturdy but I guess time will tell:)


And here we have it!!! Seriously, the easiest and quickest project I have ever done!



5 comments:

Liz said...

Cute! I may have to copy it! And I have those earrings in the middle top row the big silver ones... payless? :)

Annie said...

Your new project is a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing.

JJ said...

really cute!

Kimmie said...

too funny...i actually grew up with amanda. we were in the same elementary classes, sunday school classes, etc. as long as i can remember. i always forget she has a blog--and a pretty cool one at that!
great job on the earring holder! it's so pretty.

Taylor said...

Great project! So cute and I love your ear rings.