4.21.2011

Winner, Ballerina, and an Update

Last weekend, Samuel had his boy scout Pinewood Derby car race.  We waited until the very last minute to get his little car ready so we didn't have high hopes for him to do well like he did last year (he won his age group).

Well, lo and behold, car number 40 did so good again!!!  He won his age group for the 2nd year in a row!!!!!!  I guess Jeff is good at making derby cars:).  Samuel was so excited!  He also ended up 5th overall against much older boys who have been doing this awhile.

The only thing we need to work on is the appearance of his car.  It was pretty simple this year much to my dismay.  This creative mama WILL spend some more time helping it look cool next year. 




 

*********************************************

Ellie Kate wants to be a ballerina so bad.  Dance lessons here are crazy expensive so we haven't done any yet but she loves to dress up in this costume a little girl from our church gave her from one of her recitals.  Ellie Kate has a few ballerina books that she studies intently to learn how to dance like they do.  I love the unashamed way a child like Ellie Kate performs and is free to express herself.  She danced for me like this for at least half an hour while Abigail napped the other day. 




 





**************************************

POTTY TRAINING UPDATE

Abigail has done great!!! She only had 2 accidents yesterday, stayed dry during her nap and last night.  She hasn't gone number 2 yet and she seems to hold going to the potty until the very last minute...but she has got the concept and I am so thankful that she is proving to be easier than her strong willed big sis.  I still HATE potty training.  I'm glad Abigail is more of a rule follower because I think once we get it, she will be able to stay dry at night too (unlike EK who just now stopped wearing pull ups at night).  I had to go upstairs after bedtime last night about 6 times because she kept wanting to go potty.  She finally did about 9:45 pm.  Frustrating, but good for her to understand! I would say day 1 was a big success!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good days for all of your kiddos! I hate the potty training too but maybe this one will be a breeze. Maybe you should sign EK up for a ballet camp. I loved, loved, loved having ballet as my outlet through middle and high school. It was such a confidence builder for me so if she really wants to do it, you should let her try. However, I do know it is expensive.

Kathryn said...

I am WAY behind on blog reading, so I don't know when you updated your look but I LOVE it. Love, love, love it. Seriously, it looks great!