She is my second child, first born, but smack dab in the middle of a brother and sister. I'd like for the birth order guy to get a hold of her!
She is a spirited little princess with a will stronger than a piece of iron.
She's got fire and determination with lots of sass.
She is funny and full of spunk and a love for life that is contagious.
She's got dimples that will melt your heart and a chipmunk voice that rings like music when she talks.
I sometimes like to think this little nursery rhyme was written about my EK...
"When she is good, she is very, very good, and when she is bad she is horrid."
We knew about her from the moment of conception and saw as her embryonic form was inserted into my uterus through the miracle of modern medicine (in vitro fertilization).
The journey to Elizabeth Kate was filled with a lot of pain but oh the joy that filled my heart when she was finally placed into my arms at 6:49 pm on February 23, 2007 in Athens, Georgia.
Her daddy and I love her more than words can express and are so very thankful she was given to us.
Many many many days over the last 4 years have been full of battles and tears. But many many more have been full of laughter and joy.
My precious daughter....oh how I pray that the Lord would use you for great things. I pray you would follow hard after Him and that He would use the fire and love of life you possess for so much good. I pray and hope that the strong will you have would be used for His purposes.
Happy 4th Birthday to Elizabeth Kate!!!






6 comments:
She is so beautiful! And she sounds so much like my Emma Jane. I just laughed when you quoted the nursery rhyme! My mom used to say that about me and I say it all the time about Emma Jane! Too funny!
I hope Ellie Kate has a wonderful birthday!
Happy Birthday to your beautiful, full of life, four year old! What a doll...and what a blessing to be her mommy!
Happy 4th Birthday Ellie Kate!!!
Oh, Happy Birthday EK!!!
She is beautiful and precious!! I know that strong will can wear a mother down ;) It's hard now, but will be an amazing character trait later in life (at least thats what i keep telling myself also, ha!) Her and David could be a force together. lol. Happy 4 years to you both!
Beautiful post about Ellie Kate.
Happy 4th Birthday Ellie Kate!!
Such a sweet and beautiful post Rachel!! Happy 4th to EK!!
Post a Comment