10.29.2010

Lego Party!

We hosted a Lego party for Samuel tonight.  It was his request.  I am really trying to get away from the big parties for him, but he has never requested anything before.  So since he did this time, I went with it and it was so fun!  I kept it pretty simple but the boys LOVED it!  This is a perfect age for a lego party because it is a very popular thing right now for Samuel and his friends.  It was WILD though!


the little invite i did...

 

my pitiful cake (it was gluten free but it didn't really matter because he had pizza anyway) 




favor bags


the boys each got one of these little kits to put together...it was fun to watch their different personalities as they did this


another little activity was for them to guess how many legos were in the jar


the fam 
(my chances for a good christmas card pic are just not looking good)


we were so excited that Jeff's parents made it to the party! 


birthday boy! 


some of the boys starting on their legos


silly boy


enjoying gluten and dairy filled food for the first time in awhile (i may regret this but I just didn't know how to deny him)








After everyone left, Samuel came up to me and said "Thank you for my party, Mama! It was so fun!"  Melt. My. Heart.  I love my sweet boy and am so happy he loved his party!!! It makes my heart so full to give him something he really wanted. 

4 comments:

Annie said...

I like the lego theme. Everything looks great. So glad he had a great time and enjoyed it.

Have a wonderful weekend.

jellaan said...

I LOVE this idea!! I'm keeping this in mind for my son's birthday in April!!

Kelly said...

great party!!! you are so creative :)

Boysnberries' Brambles said...

Joel had such fun. Thanks for blessing your boy and mine! :)