Well today is the day that we leave the nice cool (well, cooler than Alabama anyway) mountain air to head back to the southern heat and humidity. Our time in Colorado has been so awesome, but I am looking forward to my own bed, my big kitchen, and seeing my friends back in T-town! The kids have had so much fun with all the other children here, I'm afraid they are going to be in detox mode when we get back. But we will return and have about 1 week before the craziness of fall begins when Samuel starts school and Jeff gets back into full ministry mode on campus.
So, I thought I would leave you with some pictures to see how much things changed between 2 years ago when we were out here and this summer. I love to see how our family has grown!!!!
does she even look like the same child?????
they have grown so much!
Samuel is growing up so fast!
our family at Bear Lake in 2007 and then in 2009
Ellie Kate went from playing on the floor with her big brother to playing on the floor with her little sister
A few days ago Jeff took his parents and Samuel and EK back to Rocky Mountain National Park. They drove all the way up to the Continental Divide!
So, I'll end with a funny story. Last night, we went to one of our favorite Pizza places one last time. Big Papa (jeff's dad) got a toothpick on our way out and was talking to Samuel with it in his mouth. De-De told him that she wished he wouldn't do that...
Samuel (to big papa): Why doesn't De-De like the toothpick in your mouth?
Big Papa: she thinks it makes me look like a redneck
Samuel: your neck isn't red!!!!!!
Good Bye Colorado!!!! We will miss you!!!!
7 comments:
Those photo comparisons were amazing. They did grow. Seems like you were in Colorado a long time. Do you stay the whole summer? I'm sure Colorado will miss you. I'm here year round, so I'd like to say goodbye to Colorado for at least 2 weeks or so :o) Have a safe trip home.
That last story is hilarious!
EK looks totally different, though her dimples are still as adorable as ever. Crazy that in the fam pic, it looks like you just added a 2 year old instead of everyone growing up!
Rachel, glad y'all had a fun, safe trip. I have a picture by that same Continental Divide sign from the summer I worked in Estes Park. Only, there is snow on the ground...and it was June!
Wow! They have grown so much, time really flies by. I think your DH is ageless, he looks the exact same in the family photo from 2 years ago!
Brice asked me the same question the other day, "Mommy, why does Daddy call people rednecks? Their necks aren't red!". And then I have to explain it!
I love seeing how much they have grown and changed...amazing. And I have LOVED following your adventures. But you are right, There's No Place Like Home!
Just checked in on your blog, and loved all the pictures...especially the ones from the rodeo. It's a small world, b/c friends of ours were at the same conference at CSU that you were at. It sounds like was a great time.
Post a Comment